Robin’s Approach to Divorce Mediation
“The most important elements to a fair settlement are communication, information and an impartial negotiation process.”
Divorce mediation is about finding ways to enable parties in conflict, through simple but effective methods, to create their own mutually acceptable solutions to their conflicts. At Graine Mediation, we have years of experience helping families settle their divorce disputes and issues in a fair manner and with no added trauma. How do we do this?
- We focus on the needs and interests of you, your spouse and your children.
- We discourage positional negotiation and hard business-style bargaining.
- We create options for mutual benefit.
- We steer away from the concept of "winning and losing" when a family’s future is at stake.
- We use objective facts and information.
- We emphasize informed decision-making and limit speculation and misinformation.
- We help you settle efficiently.
- We educate our clients with helpful information on divorce law, tax law, the financial implications of divorce, and the impact of divorce on children.
- We establish a peaceful environment which facilitates communication and preserves parental relationships.
- We help neutralize combative language and encourage feuding spouses see matters from each other’s perspectives.
If you are going through a divorce, you are probably fearful of what you could lose. You might be fearful of losing your children, losing your money, losing your home and losing your sense of community. Mediation addresses all of these fears directly. At Graine Mediation, we will alleviate these fears by helping you formulate fair and practical solutions that best meet your and your children's needs for the present and the future.
We do this by thoroughly examining the facts and issues. We consider all of your potential options -- and the impact of those options on you, your children and your finances.
We understand your fears and address them directly.
At Graine Mediation, we help you direct your energy toward achieving a fair settlement. In order to do this, you will need to:
- Stay focused - Mediation emphasizes listening and communication skills which will help both of you in creating positive solutions to your conflicts. Unlike litigation, which tends to focus on punishment, mediation focuses on problem solving.
- Understand the key issues to be resolved - Sometimes, the key issues to be resolved in a divorce settlement can become obscured by side battles and legal posturing. This only delays the pain, runs up legal fees, and does not help move you forward. At Graine Mediation, we help you find ways to minimize emotional decision-making and pinpoint the key issues for resolution.
- Get the information necessary to make tough decisions - At Graine Mediation, we will ensure that you understand the facts and information upon which you will be basing your decisions in all areas: legal, financial, tax and child-related matters. This will allow you to be better equipped and comfortable in reaching a smart and informed resolution to your conflicts.