Who We Are: Divorce Mediation at its Best
Robin Graine, JD, CDFA™ has helped hundreds of couples resolve their divorce issues -- and eliminate their divorce lawyer fees -- with divorce mediation.
Career Dedicated to Families
Robin is a former Divorce Attorney, Family Court Hearing Officer, Guardian ad Litem (court appointed child's legal advocate) and was one of the first certified Mediators for the City of Chicago's Family Court System in 1994. She graduated from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1989 and retains her license to practice law in the state of Illinois.
Robin is well-versed in the legal trends in Virginia as they relate to divorce, child custody, child support, alimony/spousal support, grounds, classification of property, equitable division of property, distribution of debt, tax issues upon divorce and the standards and norms upon which the courts rely when deciding what would be in the best interest of children.
Click here for more informative videos about divorce mediation.
Robin has been an independent businesswoman since 2000 and, prior to opening Graine Mediation, she owned and managed a personal training, health and fitness company, MindBody Robin, specializing in Pilates, yoga and integrative approaches to exercise, weight loss and post-rehab work. As a Divorce Mediator, Robin will help you become your strongest self, avoid stressful and unhealthy litigation, and smoothly transition through this next stage in your life.
Robin has "survived" divorce (in Fairfax County) and is the proud mother of two wonderful, almost grown children.
- Owner of Graine Mediation - 2009 to Present – Virginia Supreme Court Certified Mediator, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA) and Relationship Coach.
- Selected by the Circuit Court of Cook County (Chicago) as one of the first court certified mediators through the Chicago Center for Conflict Resolution.
- Appointed as a Hearing Officer and Mediator for the Juvenile (Abuse & Neglect) and Child Support Enforcement Divisions of the Chicago Courts.
- Divorce litigator at Marshall J. Auerbach & Associates. Specialized in sophisticated financial litigation, including small business interests and complex personalities. Firm authored the Illinois state statute on Equitable Distribution of Property & Debt.
- Guardian ad Litem (children's legal advocate), Office of the Public Guardian, Cook County, Illinois.
- Former Vice Chair and current Member of the Fairfax Bar Association's Section on Alternative Dispute Resolution. Co-founder and lead member of Mediator Referral Service Task Force.
- Featured Speaker - FAMlaw Seminar - Fairfax, VA. "Divorce Mediation: The Importance of Mediation as a Settlement Option" (May 13, 2014).
- Featured Speaker - Virginia Mediation Network - The University of Richmond Law School. "Tapping into the Emotions that Best Serve the Realistic Goals of Divorcing Parties and their Children" (Spring Conference 2012).
- Resource for Montgomery County Peer Mediation Program - Trainer Appointee to the Program
- Mediation Judge - Law School Competition at University of Richmond (Spring 2011).
- Licenses and Certificates:
- Virginia Supreme Court Certified Mediator - Circuit Court Family (2010)
- Virginia Supreme Court Certified Mediator - Juvenile & Domestic Relations (2010)
- Circuit Court of Cook County, Chicago - Family Law Mediator - Center for Conflict Resolution (1994)
- Licensed to Practice Law - Illinois (1989)
- Financial Certifications:
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA) - Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (2014)
- Juris Doctor (Law Degree), Chicago- Kent College of Law (1989)
- BA, Virginia Commonwealth University (1985)
- Fairfax Bar Association - Sections on Alternative Dispute Resolution & Family Law
- Virginia Mediation Network
- Northern Virginia Divorce Alliance
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association – Section on Family Law
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM)
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA)
- Association for Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP)
- American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Professional Family Mediation Forum of Northern Virginia (PFMFNV)
Erin is an attorney and certified mediator. Prior to receiving her law degree at Emory University, she obtained her master’s degree in clinical psychology from Pepperdine University. After practicing law for several years, she decided that helping families work together to move forward with their lives would be far more fulfilling than taking on the adversarial role that litigation requires. Her knowledge of both the law and psychology significantly benefits clients. Erin also writes for The Huffington Post.
Caroline Squair, as owner of CheckZBalance, LLC, works with Graine Mediation as technical expert and SEO consultant for our Blog, the firm’s graphic artist, and computer administrative support.
Caroline began her career as a computer administrator in 1990 supporting Unix & PC operating systems, SQL databases, networking, troubleshooting and administration. As a Certified Solaris Administrator, she was responsible for maintaining corporate-wide hardware and software upgrades and served as point of contact with Sun Microsystems. Inc and Freddie Mac.
Caroline earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science at Penn State University in 1990.
Kendel provides administrative support services to Graine Mediation.
After years of working and volunteering in the non-profit arena, from working with abused women and children to providing financial counseling to sailors and marines to founding a Montessori school to co-founding a non-profit to raising monies for melanoma research to sitting on a local Board of Directors, Kendel has found her passion in service to families and children. Through her work with Graine Mediation, she has found another avenue to continue her work in assisting those in need.
Kendel earned her Master’s degree in Organizational Management in 2005.
Robin Graine, JD, CDFA™ can help you stay focused and work through your conflicts
during this turbulent time.
Let Graine Mediation help you find solutions that will cost you less, improve your long-term outcome, and bring peace of mind to you and your family.