Graine Mediation Fact Sheet
WHAT is divorce mediation as practiced by Graine Mediation?
Divorce Mediation is a process of facilitated negotiation. At Graine Mediation we help divorcing couples and parents stay out of court and:
- keep focused on key settlement issues;
- remain amicable and learn to communicate when it comes to children;
- save money;
- reach mutually beneficial solutions to divorce and child custody conflicts; and
- write up a Property Settlement Agreement (PSA) ready for signature and filing with the Court.
For an inside look at how divorce mediation is practiced at Graine Mediation, click to check out our informative video.
HOW is Graine Mediation different from other divorce mediation Firms?
Robin Graine, JD, CDFA®, owner of Graine Mediation, is a no-‐nonsense and reality-based mediator, but she is also deeply compassionate and approachable. Robin’s style emphasizes:
- Personalized Service - Robin gets to know each of her clients before taking on a case. She establishes rapport with clients, which eases the tough work involved in settling a divorce or custody case.
- Addressing Fears - Robin figures out what intimidates and worries her clients the most and tackles those issues first.
- Focus – Robin helps her clients stay on track and focus on issues that can actually be resolved in mediation. Divorce is emotional; but, your sadness, loneliness, and anger cannot really be effectively resolved in mediation – or in court. A fair resolution is what we are after.
- Education – Robin places a big emphasis on helping her clients to clearly understand the law, financial implications, tax ramifications and the effect of divorce on children. Clients usually settle without too much trouble once they know how things work.
- Long Term Planning – Robin, who is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA), helps clients see how their financial and custody decisions today may impact their financial future and the long-term well-being of their children.
- Complete Focus on Settlement – Unlike many of her competitors, Robin is not a litigator who merely “mediates on the side”. She is focused on settlement only – with no distractions by courtroom drama and costly legal maneuvering.
Settling your divorce needs to be a calm and thoughtful process. Your entire life, and that of your children, is at stake. You need professional, intelligent, reasonably priced assistance – not a wild gladiator swinging some kind of sword of justice... and charging you an arm and a leg for every swing!
Robin Graine, JD, CDFA® is a Virginia Supreme Court Certified Divorce Mediator and a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA). She has owned Graine Mediation since 2009 and has helped hundreds of Northern Virginia family’s settle their divorce and child custody matters amicably, professionally and inexpensively.
Robin, is a former Divorce Attorney, Family Court Hearing Officer and Guardian ad Litem (court appointed child’s legal advocate). In 1994, Robin was chosen by the City of Chicago to be one of their first Certified Mediators ‐ at a time when most people had not even heard of divorce and family mediation!
Robin is a strong advocate for divorce mediation as the first line of assistance when husbands and wives, and moms and dads, must part ways. She believes that the highly complex and mega-expensive litigation system was designed for business disputes – not family matters. The strategical maneuvering and procedural gymnastics of divorce litigation is not necessary in most cases and should be reserved only for those instances where the parties absolutely cannot resolve their differences in a professionally mediated environment, where there is domestic violence and/or child abuse, and where one of the parties appears to be hiding assets. Graine Mediation exists to help clients reach fair settlements without all the games that lawyers play... and without going broke in the process.
If you must divorce, you need good information, clear-headedness, great financial planning and plenty of emotional support. You do not need courthouse drama and you certainly do not need whopping divorce attorney bills.
WHO does Graine Mediation serve?
With convenient offices in Fairfax and Tysons, Virginia, Graine Mediation serves Northern Virginia families from many locations: Arlington, Ashburn, Bristow, Burke, Fairfax, Gainesville, Loudoun, McLean, Oakton, Prince William, South Riding, Springfield, Tysons and Vienna.
To schedule an interview with Robin Graine, JD, CDFA®, or for more information,
11325 Random Hills Rd., Suite 360, Fairfax, VA 22030